Anzac station is the name of our new station on our doorstep….Metro Rail / Cross Yarra Partnership are holding information sessions tomorrow at The Seasons. One from 11am – 2pm and another 5:30pm-8:30pm.
I’d love you to go….and suggest you might like to ask
- What are these ugly vents out the front of our building? One is in picture below – they are 5 metres high and as long as a tram
- Are they safe?
- Can they be moved further across the road?
- Is it true we’re getting a hoarding right out the front? I hope it is not that ugly blue hoarding but one like in London (picture below)
- And feel free to say – I hope you won’t be breaching the regulations and letting any vehicles have reversing beepers
The full list of sessions is below –
A series of drop-in community information sessions will be held around Melbourne to provide an opportunity for people to view the draft Development Plans for the five new underground stations and chat with the project team.
- Thursday 30 November, 11am – 2pm, Seasons Botanic Gardens, 348 St Kilda Road, Melbourne
- Thursday 30 November, 5:30pm – 8:30pm, Seasons Botanic Gardens, 348 St Kilda Road, Melbourne
- Monday 4 December, 5:30pm – 8:30pm, Meat Market, 5 Blackwood Street, North Melbourne
- Tuesday 5 December, 11am – 2pm, Melbourne Town Hall, 90-130 Swanston Street, Melbourne
- Tuesday 5 December, 5:30pm – 8:30pm, Melbourne Town Hall, 90-130 Swanston Street, Melbourne
- Saturday 9 December, 11am – 2pm, North Melbourne Football Club, 204-206 Arden Street, North Melbourne
- Tuesday 12 December, 5:30pm – 8:30pm, Melbourne Town Hall, 90-130 Swanston Street, Melbourne
The government has today announced that the station at our doorstep will be called Anzac Station.
Other stations will be called
- North Melbourne
- State Library
- Town Hall
I’d have much preferred ours to be called after it’s location – Domain but alas it is not so
Cross Yarra Partnership and MMRA have today released the draft design for the Domain Station. It is out for 15 days for public comment.
We have a Committee meeting tomorrow to discuss, after that I will post more comments but generally it is very close to what we expected.
The draft plan is here
There is also an application with Heritage Victoria related to these works. The full applications are here (click on the St Kilda Rd sections). Of most interest are the maps and details of tree removals near Botanica here and here.
In all cases you are most welcome to make a public submission. The processes are documented on the relevant web sites.
Skyhooks are currently scheduled to wash all of our external windows on December 13-15
Metro Rail / John Holland have agreed to pick up the tab of $5200
The latest update on changes. Was dropped in letterboxes yesterday at Botanica. Main impact is Bowen Cres driveway – you may need some patience getting in and out
MM NOTIFICATION 20171113 Works Update Domain
There has been a lot of action in Bowen Cres in the last 18 months and people have frequently asked me ‘what can we do?’.
I am no expert, but there is a lot of good reading on the City of Port Phillip web site.
This one has details of the overall St Kilda Rd area and some general planning ‘rules’. This one has information on Bowen Crescent particularly.
So my interpretation is that is someone wants to demolish and build in Bowen Cres, the first check is compliance with these documents. They specify a maximum height and the setback from the road etc. I think you would have very little room to argue if the developer meets these ‘rules’.
I’m sure that the Council also has some general rules about building new apartments that ‘look into’ existing apartments.
Each time that someone submits plans to the council, they place a notice out the front of the site. This has a link to a website that has all the plan details. You can also go to this site and search, in fact you can simply search on Bowen Crescent and there are numerous submissions (back many years).
When a submission is made public they also advertise the process for lodging complaints/comments.
Don’t forget to send your RSVP to Sandra by November 28. Details are here
Her number is 0427 888 258
Love to see you all there – owners, renters and friends of Botanica.
Bowen Crescent will be closed on Wednesday and Thursday next week. Details are here.
MT-JH0605 – DM – Bowen Cres Traffic Update – DL
Note that driveway access for us will be maintained – you just need to be a little patient and wait for the traffic management person to move the barrier
I represent Botanica on the Metro Rail Community Reference group for the Domain Precinct. We have only had a couple of meetings and are still getting the processes working – but I am really pleased that they now have a web site that contains the minutes and presentations.
Meetings are held about every 6 weeks
The web site is here and you can see the documents for the Domain precinct and other precincts.
In London they have been expanding their rail tunnel system in recent years in an initiative called Crossrail. The techniques and processes (especially the stakeholder management ones) are held up as best practice. Some of the organisations and individuals are involved in Melbourne’s project
Here is their quarterly update