I’ve had a few people ask recently about internet options, especially around performance and reliability. A few people also commented in our annual survey that they were not happy with their internet provider.
Some quick background
- If Botanica as a building was connecting to the internet today then we’d have no option – we would allow NBN to run fibre into our basement and users then use a provider on top of that service.
- Before NBN got their act together and installed their fibre, two companies offered to run their own fibre cables into our basement.
- So in our basement you can see three separate boxes – a large one near the door to Paul’s bin room, that is NBN. In the recycle room there are two boxes – one is DGTek/Pineapple and the other is TPG.
So what does this all mean?
- You can use any provider that sells an NBN service. That is a long list and includes Telstra, Optus, TPG and many others.
- You can ask TPG for their fibre to the basement plan
- You can ask Pineapple for their residential plan They are very fast and cheap.
I personally use the Pineapple guys and have been very happy with them. All should be reliable and as fast as you’re prepared to pay.