The Vic Government has today released the business case for the rail tunnel.
You can find all the links here
I have only had a quick scan but in Appendix 2 – around pages 55-63 it shows that a Domain station is preferred but not confirmed. They are considering an alternative in S Melbourne.
Update from today’s meeting
- They agree that footpath needs remediation
- They agree that it is not safe and will replace.
- They will meet with Council to ensure that all requirements are met in the one piece of work. May do more than the recently replaced piece of path
- Likely to be done within 2 weeks – especially as it is a safety issue
- We will be given reasonable notice
- We will lose access to front of building for 2-3 hours. Middle of day our preference
- Hedge and Ficus – appear they will be OK, both parties keep a watching brief
- Fence/ Wall – We agree nothing more needs to be done
A representative from TPG (who did the cabling out the front) will be on site tomorrow around noon to meet Paul, William and I. The list of issues we gave them is as follows:
- The footpath is already sinking and this is immediately outside our front door. This is urgent given our number of elderly residents
- The hedge has been damaged – looks like the exhaust from their equipment has burnt significant sections at the front and around the corner
- The front garden wall has been damaged and the footpath is now lower in some places than the painted section of wall
- I am concerned about the potential damage to the ficus tree caused by their digging but I suspect we won’t know about it for some time
- The area around the street tree needs significant remedial work
I have told them that we will not allow them to make their service live in our building until we are satisfied – and they need access to our power to enable their service 😉
We have been working with the City of Port Phillip for nearly a year to improve safe exit from the lower car park. Initially they were reluctant but late last year they agreed to convert one car parking bay into a two motor cycle bays. The bay is the one immediately to the right of the exit.
They committed to have this done by the end of January. Nothing has been done and so we have escalated again. Hopefully it will happen very soon. Thanks for your patience
Great to see two owners replacing their own hot water systems today…before the old ones failed.
The original units are now 20 years old and if they fail it is bad news for you and your neighbours.
Here is some information about TPG’s NBN competitive offering – this is what they were doing out the front of our building.
And some more reading here.
You should be aware that the service has not yet been commissioned and that we are still talking to them.
The recent footpath work was a combination of work by Optus then NBN and finally TPG. We have been in communication with the TPG contractors to express our displeasure with the lack of communication and poor state that they have left the footpath. City of Port Phillip are also being notified
Not much news but they have recently been on site and did a full 3D mapping of the lower car park.
We were also given notice of drilling that may occur between Albert Rd and Bowen Cres in the near future. I notice that this week they are at the Domain tram interchange.
Full information on proposed building around the corner is contained on City of PP site here
Or you can download them from here. This is the main one ADV – PLANNING REPORT
Apartment plans ADV – PLANS
Traffic ADV – TRAFFIC REPORT
Wind ADV – WIND REPORT
Sustainability ADV – SUSTAINABLE MANAGEMENT PLAN
Waste Management ADV – WASTE MANAGEMENT PLAN