It would be great if each of you can go to this web page and lodge your unhappiness that we are getting some big vents out the front.
The vents will be 5 metres high and as long as a tram….this is a 7 metre similar version
Don’t do it if you are not comfortable
Lots of steps to make it hard
- Use your own name
- Use postcode 3004
- Completing as individual
On next screen
- You can decide if want your name published
On next screen
- Tick Domain
- Tick Architectural Design
In the comments box, say something along the lines of what I have written below…but not just cut and paste or it gets rejected
Whilst we accept the need to remove and replace a significant number of trees, we cannot accept the installation of five large and visibly intrusive vents in the middle of St Kilda Rd.
Requested actions to be taken
- We seek written assurance that we will not be able to hear, feel or smell outputs from these vents
- We request the designers look at several suggested alternatives, including but not limited to
- Lowering the height to 3 metres
- Moving them closer to the eastern side of St Kilda Rd and further from residents. We are aware that a school exists on this side of the road but that side of the road is also maintaining fully mature trees and better able to screen the vents.
- We request that strong consideration is given to the roofing material used. The roof structure will be very visible to many of our residents in its current position.
- Why not cover them with a well maintained ‘living wall’ regardless of location