See attached a copy of the Powerpoint slides from the Community Reference Group (CRG) meeting I attended last week.
MM PRESENTATION 20180122 Domain CRG 4 – January
Some things to note
- During Feb/March there will be a lot of work done on Kings Way, including re-ashphalting the northern lanes. This is, in part to help traffic flowing on non-St Kilda Rd routes
- The drainage works in Bowen Cres have been delayed due to discovery on unexpected Telstra cables. At least one more month to go
- Traffic access from Queens Lane have been the subject of conversations between MMRA, City of Port Phillip, John Holland…I’m still not satisfied and do not understand why they have not implemented what was agreed and publicised – Inwards in front of 1 Queens Rd and outwards behind 1 Queens Rd
- THIS WEEKEND COMING – The new Tram Stop in Park St will happen between 10pm on Friday Feb 2 and 5am Wednesday Feb 7. Will be much like the disruption when they did a similar piece of work in Toorak Rd West.
- The online feedback on Domain Precinct design and early works provided a lot of feedback. It will be summarised and sent to the Minister for approval. We do not know the status of our ugly cooling vents AKA toilet block. Final approval is expected in early April.
- The work on the far service lane that is happening now, relates to moving the tram tracks to that side. The final stages of this will occur April 1-17 and be very noisy (note that April 1 is Easter Sunday). A lot of the major action at this time will be where they cut the new tram tracks into the old ones – near the new tram stop at the Royce and near the old tram stop at Domain. This work stops trams and hence the tight outage time and tram replacement buses
- Prior to that major work in early April, there will be an enormous amount of pre-work. At Botanica we will be impacted by that as they will be laying the new tram tracks in that far service lane.
- After the trams have been moved from the centre of the road, the digging can begin. The major digging work will be
- The noisy piling work on the ‘north box’ (near Domain Rd) will occur in Q2 2018
- Acoustic shed over the north box in Q4
- The noisy piling work on the ‘south box’ (at our front door) will occur in Q4 2018
- All of this work will be daytime work
- Access to the St Kilda Rd carpark for Botanica residents will be maintained throughout. Exact details to come
2 thoughts on “Latest Community Reference Group info”
I should have added that the first trees are likely to go in February. They are likely to be on opposite side of St Kilda Rd to Botanica and in Albert Rd Reserve
Hi Gary, Thanks for sending your notes (& attending the Reference Group meetings). Jane
Sent from my iPhone