I attended the Community Reference Group (CRG) meeting today – via Zoom.
Some things to note:
- Work is continuing with social distancing taken in account
- The final design (including possible central bike lanes) has still not been released and no date has been set for this.
- Albert Rd park will be tidied up this week, most poles/wire to go
- Big yellow bentonite tanks on The Shrine corner gone before Easter
- Tunneling to start late April/early May
- Millie first and then Alice about 4 weeks later..heading to South Yarra
- Distance to South Yarra is about 1.7km and they do about 10 metres per day…so it will take until late 2020
- Noise and vibration being monitored closely
- Will be 24*7
- Material coming out of tunnel will be a slurry form. It will go to Edmund Herring Oval for ‘drying’ and will then be trucked away from there. Trucks will go up past the Shrine in most cases.
- Trucks expected to create more noise than the tunneling
Full slide pack below