Someone followed a car into the upper car park last week and stole a scooter…. Be aware of lurkers, but also be careful
Category Archives: St Kilda Rd living
City of Port Phillip – Corona Virus update
Worth having a read of these web pages
Covers all sorts of info including things like
- Possible deferment of rates if you are in financial hardship
- What’s happening with parks and libraries
- What to do if you think that you may have the virus
- Mental health numbers
- ..lots more
Latest tunnel news
I attended the Community Reference Group (CRG) meeting today – via Zoom.
Some things to note:
- Work is continuing with social distancing taken in account
- The final design (including possible central bike lanes) has still not been released and no date has been set for this.
- Albert Rd park will be tidied up this week, most poles/wire to go
- Big yellow bentonite tanks on The Shrine corner gone before Easter
- Tunneling to start late April/early May
- Millie first and then Alice about 4 weeks later..heading to South Yarra
- Distance to South Yarra is about 1.7km and they do about 10 metres per day…so it will take until late 2020
- Noise and vibration being monitored closely
- Will be 24*7
- Material coming out of tunnel will be a slurry form. It will go to Edmund Herring Oval for ‘drying’ and will then be trucked away from there. Trucks will go up past the Shrine in most cases.
- Trucks expected to create more noise than the tunneling
Full slide pack below
Roller door operational again
The top car park door is working again
WhatsApp group for the building
I have resisted for a long time but I think that it would now be a good time to have a group messaging system for everyone in the building.
WhatsApp is an app that runs on all mobile phones. and allows people to post messages to others in the building.
In the current climate you could post things like – I am going for a walk but would enjoy some company, who is willing to walk near me….I really need a roll of toilet paper…anyone need to chat about things?…I am going to get bread and milk and happy to get similar for others…
To join the group, send me a text to my number 0418 100058 from your mobile and I will add you.
You can give it a try, if you don’t like then you can withdraw at any time
Info on new development at 2 Bowen Cres
Here is some info from the developer of the 2 Bowen Cres site – the old car park
Timelapse of Jan 15
Here is the link to the timelapse of today’s action
More St Kilda Rd opportunists
As many of you would know, we have had increasing issues during 2018 with letterbox thieves. That was why we relocated our letterboxes.
It seems other buildings had similar issues with letterboxes and today the Victorian Police released this photo and video of a St Kilda Rd thief.
It seems he had managed to steal a security fob. That is why you must protect your fob – NEVER leave them around as it compromises the security of the entire building!!
Here is a short video of the incident
If you recognise him please call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000
Converting old office blocks can work!
The above photo was taken in 1966-7 by Peter Wille and shows what 400 St Kilda Rd looked like back then. Even then our street trees weren’t all that great, especially that one next to the blue Holden.
I know that this shot (taken by Perry Cho from Patient Eye) is from a different angle but WOW…just a bit more classy
..and you thought you had a tough job today
We have had issues with cockies eating part of the building facade for some years. The good news is that we have a solution but the installation will not start until mid-January.
In the meantime, a part of the facade (cosmetic only) was in danger of falling. So we had a couple of guys (professional abseilers from Skyhooks) carefully remove it for us. For those of you not in Melbourne, it is wet and cold here today
Here is the damage
Here is the location
Here are some of the boys at work
You must be logged in to post a comment.